Friday, January 30, 2009

Role Model of The Week-Part Three

I really like to showcase the people in this country who's actions who go unnoticed or overlooked. This week it is Jeff Skeie. Jeff is a police officer from Kalama, Washington. He valiantly risked his own health and welfare to save a dog from a sewage treatment plant. Imagine dragging a wet dog out of a frothy vat of waste products. That, my friends, is truly a selfless man who is willing to do whatever it takes to make his community a better place. However, I hope that he was smart enough to keep an extra uniform in his locker. He may have been covered in it, but it's all roses to the Chocolate Lab that he saved from a olfactory death.

Following along this theme, I would like to talk about what constitutes a role model. To me a role model is a person who makes the world a better place. A person who is a benefit to society. You don't have to save all of your buddies in a firefight to be a role model. You don't even have to save a life at all(but it helps). You merely have to make this world a better place.

If you find an article or story about someone you feel is a modern day role model, please e-mail me or leave it in comments. I will do my best to get them the honor they deserve.

1 comment:

Home on the Range said...

It was nice that someone noticed his actions. Thank you.

 
Site Meter