Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Economy Enhancement

I found these two posts today from:
1. A blogger
2. A newspaper article at http://www.elpasotimes.com/newupdated/ci_11444354?_requestid=7527720"(sorry, blogger didn't like the link)
They both cover the same thing, the eminent collapse of the Mexican government. I can see why our military considers it something worth watching. It also reassures me that our government considers it to be worth watching.

My thoughts are muddled about these articles. They talk about the possibility of a sudden collapse of Mexicos government creating a failed state. Yes, things can always get worse, however, think about it from a United States economic standpoint. How many people would we have to put on our border to protect it from a failed Mexican state? Alot. How many people are currently unemployed in the U.S.? Alot. Am I the only one that is seeing this correlation? It could be like the new new new deal, only more productive. We could stop all kinds of bad things from coming over our very porous border.

I realize that I am probably going off on a very weird tangent with this article. What kind of effect would a failed state have on our economy? Would it be a lasting drain on our already tenuous budget? Would it force the recall of troops from Iraq and Afghanistan to protect the motherland? I'm not entirely sure what the outcome would be, however I don't think it would be good. But it's probably as likely as Mexico trying to reclaim Texas.

No comments:

 
Site Meter