Monday, June 22, 2009

Role Model of the Week: XVI


My deepest apologies about not posting this on Friday. I was deeply embroiled in a three day weekend. I'm sure you understand.

Last Thursday, Fox news reported a story about a mother that saved her daughter from a mountain lion attack.

The girl and her mother Maureen Lee were walking on a wooded trail with their dog when the cougar pounced.

"All of a sudden it just flew on her, rolled her a couple of times and grabbed her," Lee told CBC.

"She was on her back and (the cougar) had his paws on her head, and I just knew I had to react quick.

"So I just jumped in there and wedged myself between the cougar and her on the ground."

Then "I just got up and threw it off my back and grabbed" Maya and ran, she went on


Your children our your greatest responsibility. No matter what. I am glad to pass on this story. A story not about a cougar out looking for a little snack. But about a mother who was willing to risk it all, defending her charge against a kitty that just didn't want to play nice.

No comments:

 
Site Meter