Thursday, May 28, 2009

This Explains Everything

Did you know that Texas has it's own pledge?
"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."


The original pledge started "Honor the Texas flag of 1836", which was amended in 1965. I only find this ironic because of the Texas mentality. I am a recent transplant (got here as quick as I could.), believe me when I say that Texans out of Texas are actually less prideful than Texans in Texas. I am also swiftly becoming one of these. I don't think a Texas pledge is a bad thing. A trifle over the top perhaps, but isn't that Texas?

I don't recall saying a California pledge growing up. If they had one it probably went like this, "I pledge my money to the peoples republic of Kalifonia, and whosoever lives under government rule, shall be entitled to poverty for their days. And if I desire to seek freedom elsewhere, I shall give up to 40% of my household value when I leave."

God Bless Texas.

No comments:

 
Site Meter