Monday, May 11, 2009

Shooting Skills Evolution

I never understood what was meant when a professional shooter said that they could see the front sight during recoil. I always thought that since I could run good split times and could pick up the front sight almost instantly that I was okay. My scores have always been decent, and I can always see improvement from one shooting season to the next.

I don't know what happened when I got the STI back, I could see the front sight. I could see it all the time. I thought that perhaps it was a fluke, it wasn't. I switched to the Sig, and could see the front sight! I know it may seem odd to people that have always seen the front sight during recoil, but I actually find that it surprises me. It is almost disconcerting. I am going to need more training to get used to this.

No comments:

 
Site Meter