Thursday, March 12, 2009

My STI is no longer broken, but I am.

So the STI is up and running again. Repaired the grips that I broke, I think that I took the super secret Todd Jarret kung fu grip too far. I found a cracked firing pin and repaired that. I also installed a new mainspring housing and a larger magwell.

Double Tap is two weeks away and my confidence in this gun is not as high as it should be. I went to the range on Tuesday and fired about a hundred rounds thru it, no problems except that I seem to be developing a slight flinch. The solution? More dry fire and practice with the 22.

I shot the indoor match at Let's Shoot Gun Club last night. I performed very well when I slowed down. Yet again, or still, I am trying to go too fast and I start dropping points. I need to slow down and focus on my transitions. When I watch that front sight I do very well, I was running about .2 seconds behind the leader. But if I lose my discipline I start to go to fast and lose the front sight. If anybody has some good ideas about how to fix these problems, I would be very interested.

I don't have time to repair these issues before Double Tap, I have decided that I'm going to go and have fun, take my time and get good hits. I have no delusions about winning, so we will see what happens.

No comments:

 
Site Meter