Monday, March 23, 2009

Diversity

Infighting has been notorious throughout history for destroying great nations. Perhaps if you break it down in the simplest of terms, it is the destroyer of nations. On September 12, 2001 we were one nation, one people, like minded, with a common resolution. We are still those people, we are still that nation. Diversity is what makes us a great nation, diversity is what makes us a nation of the people.

But great people know that there is a time to come together, a time when infighting causes harm rather than a reasoned debate. Sportsman and shooters have always had differing goals, often at the expense of the other. Recently the National Park Service has decided to ban lead in all park grounds. The fisherman, hunter, and target shooter are all affected by this ruling. I have many hobbies, I feel as if I belong in the outdoors. With this ruling I am affected on all three counts (where do I find non-lead fly line?). I am not going to preach about calling your congressman, I am not going to tell you to have a protest. I am simply saying that it is time to stand together. I do not think that there will be a frontal attack on our gun rights, but lead may be a good place to start. From sinkers to bullets, we are all affected. Let us stand together and strong, the price will be high if we do not.

On a lighter note, I would like to thank Brigid for allowing me use of her picture. She is a charming lady, her writing is stirring and witty, I cannot compete with that, nor do I try, instead I copy her pictures.

1 comment:

nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Site Meter