Friday, September 11, 2009

Role Model of the Week XIX; 9-11 Edition

I do not have a specific role model for this week, there are many police officers and firefighters that all came together on one fateful day, eight years ago. Many, if not all of them, knew the risk that they took that day. Bravely, they saved all the people that they could, or they died trying. There is no greater sacrifice that can be given, then to honorably give your own life in the service of your fellow man.

Our soldiers in the Pentagon were hit as well. Luckily, major loss of life was spared. Construction in that area insured that a minimum amount of people were there.


Let us not forget the people that died on Flight 93, who decided that they would not go quietly into the night. We will never know exactly what happened on that plane. But we do know that innocent lives were saved by a few individuals that came together as a team, and decided that they would not be victims, that they would not be a pawn in somebodies morbid chess game.



9-11 was one of the few times in my life that I prayed to the Lord for vengeance, and the only time that I have asked Him to use me as the tool for it. I even briefly considered rejoining the military (much to my wifes chagrin). Instead I pursued a badge and became a better person.




Much has changed since than, much has been forgotten. Today let us remember those who sacrificed all for this great state we call the United States of America. We sleep well in our beds because them.

No comments:

 
Site Meter