Thursday, April 15, 2010

Last Night at Boy Scouts....

I'm almost considering making this a regular column, I just don't know if my sanity will allow it.

So last night at Boy Scouts we were learning the words to the Star Spangled Banner, and the history of said song. I also threw in some history about the War of 1812 to keep it lively. But, before we started I wanted to test the boys knowledge.

Who wrote the Star Spangled Banner?
Betsy Ross

Who was president during the War of 1812?
George Washington

What started the War of 1812?
The 13 colonies wanted freedom from England, oh, and tea.

Who was Francis Scott Key?
He was a British Naval Captain and fought John Paul Jones.

I have my work cut out for me, and this red mark on my forehead may be permanent.

1 comment:

Bob S. said...

Could be worse, much worse.

At least the boys have a couple of adults in their lives that care about such things.

Think of how many kids don't have teachers nor parents that care.

As a former Scouter, I feel your pain but let me reassure you that it is worth it.
When you see the light dawn, when you notice that for one Scout everything clicks into place -- that makes all the red marks worth it.

I was privileged to see it many times and treasure them all.

Thanks for being a volunteer; aren't you glad it is only one hour a week?

 
Site Meter