Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Should Have Hit Her, Part 2

As many of you know, I wiped out my elbow almost two months ago. Last Friday I took the ACE bandage off and have been functioning almost normally. It had been fairly unnerving there for a while, the swelling would go down, and than come back. I was starting to get worried, I cut out all but the minimum physical activity. I surely did not want to have to have surgery. I was speaking to a Doctor friend of mine and he asked me a few questions about my healing process. I told him how it was progressing and here is his exact quote: "You went off your meds didn't you?" Now anybody that knows me very well knows that I have an aversion to drugs. Not just the illegal stuff, that's another long drawn out story. I don't go running for the Tylenol when I have a headache, I don't go diving for the Motrin when my back hurts, frankly, I would rather suffer through the pain and allow my body to heal itself. I told Doctor friend that he was right, I wasn't on anything. He proceeds to lecture me how the body wasn't going to get rid of that swelling without drugs. Being a Doctor, he tells me 800mg Motrin, 3 times a day and I would be better in two weeks.

So I'm mostly better now and I decide that I need to start being active again. A few days ago I stretched and did about an hour of calisthenics, not bad, started loosening up. Last night I picked up some free weights. Wow, I knew that I was loosing muscle mass off my arms, after all I wasn't using them, but I am definitely weak. So looks like I am back on a workout routine and going to drop all that weight that these sedentary months have put on me. Maybe I can get motivated and drop that extra ten as well.......


And next time, I`m just gonna hit her.

No comments:

 
Site Meter