Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Latest Daydream

I have been daydreaming about a 7mm-08 rifle for a while now. What I wanted was a light, handy, bolt gun in 7mm-08. I was willing to spend the extra money and make install a detachable box magazine. I know that I talked about it a little when I was deliberating a scout rifle.
Texas has changed my ideas a little. First, Texas has no limit on magazine capacity while hunting. Second, hunting hogs at night is legal, and it would be nice to have something I could mount a flashlight on (Honestly, I have yet to decide if the idea of hunting at night is at odds with the sportsman side of me, but thats a different post).
So I am currently considering getting the new Remington R-25 in 7mm-08. I believe it is California legal with a four round magazine, so I can take it there if I want. It also will accept full capacity mags from DPMS (19 rounders). I can add rails to the free float tube for a flashlight. I think it would make a really good rifle to keep in the truck during hunting season.

Steve over at The Firearm Blog has a ton of details.

No comments:

 
Site Meter